Account Director, Brand Partnerships
- Full Time
Founded in 2008, Atlas Obscura recently completed a $20 million Series B funding round led by Airbnb and is growing rapidly. At its core, Atlas Obscura believes in surfacing magic and wonder, and we seek to bring that very spirit of magic and wonder to the work we do with brands, which have included Chase, Nissan, Mitsubishi, and more.
We are looking for an Account Director to join our growing Brand Studios team and bring our best-in-class advertiser campaigns to life. Will lead a team that serves as the primary client contact, this role will be a pivotal player in the sales process by building structure around how we facilitate cultivating a rapport with our partners. You should be a top-notch project manager who can oversee multiple projects that span various verticals through the different products Atlas’ offers (video, audio, experiential, written) with both client and Atlas’ best interests in mind. You will be responsible for overseeing campaign success metrics and goals are established and ensure throughout the process we are over-delivering on both expectations and goals.
- Day to day client lead on all campaigns as overseer of a team of Account Managers. Will assign Account Managers to programs as they sell in and other various resource management items in relation to campaigns
- Oversee team structuring and building, as well as owning how we work with clients - developing the tools we use, our point of view and best practices, etc.
- Ensure all accounts are running smoothly both internally and externally via timelines, budgetary and rapport considerations
- Oversee the maintenance and development of all campaigns production wrap reports including campaign recaps, insights, program reporting, research insights, etc.
- Oversee all campaigns topline budget management from margin to the various hard cost reported from production and distribution
- Will establish rhythm and structure for communication with the client as their liaison to ensure the client always feels heard, informed and a part of the process while balancing the clients needs with the internal needs and objectives of Atlas Obscura itself.
- Lead effective communication expectations, feedback and deadlines to all client facing stakeholders throughout the lifecycle of the project including delivery of assets to media activation. Thoughtfully relay feedback between the client and internal stakeholders to ensure miscommunication opportunities are circumvented
- Spearhead solves on any challenges that arise including creative problem solving and continuing to evolve the program as needed to keep client’s satisfaction and expectations at the forefront
- Serve as the critical connection point for clients, agencies, sales, marketing, and editorial. Work closely with the Product Execution team to ensure topline efficiencies in campaign management. Liaise with internal teams to ensure workflows to overall campaign management successful for all campaigns.
- 7+ years of marketing experience in some combination of: client services, branded content or brand strategy
- Comfortable overseeing multiple campaigns timelines and budgets
- Experience delivering across a variety of branded content forms, including written, video, social, and experiential
- Fluency in media ad trafficking and distribution across display and social media
- Deep understanding of marketer and advertiser KPIs, data-driven solutions, and the ever-evolving digital media space.
- Expertise in emerging digital content platforms and technologies as well as a deep understanding of content distribution strategies.
- Are digitally savvy and understand website builds, video capabilities, various editorial and social offerings, etc.
- Comfortable delivering client programs and reports
- Understanding of the following tools: Booster, GSuite, Asana and Keynote
- You enjoy developing and managing client relationships and have a track record of delivering best in class client services
- You are a great presenter, and can lead productive client calls
- You are an excellent writer, who has the ability to solve a major challenges through a well-written email
- You are a scrappy, dexterous, and creative problem solver who Is relentless in your pursuit of delivering the highest quality work for clients
- You are a great communicator, who has the ability to work cross-functionally across a media organization and can communicate complex information to the highest level of a client
- You are relentless in the pursuit of excellence and are highly diplomatic.
- You have the ability to be in-the-weeds and hands-on, as well as function at a 30,000 foot, highly strategic level
- You are extremely organized and detail-oriented.
- You have a passion for execution; you know the sale really starts as soon as the IO is signed.
- You are a strategic and original thinker with proven problem-solving abilities
- You are insatiability curious and love learning
- You have a strong work ethic with a roll-up-your-sleeves, can-do attitude
- You are hungry to work as a part of a fast-growing organization and leading a team
To apply for this role, please submit your resume and a cover letter detailing your qualifications.
Compensation is competitive. Benefits for full-time employees include a generous time-off policy, family leave, and contributions toward health, dental, and vision for both employee and family. We value diversity and are committed to an inclusive work environment and a fair and consistent interview process.
Atlas Obscura is a remote-first company. This position may be based anywhere within reasonable driving distance to Los Angeles or New York City.